Ubuntu Studio 20.04 USB is an officially recognized derivative of the Ubuntu Linux distribution, which is explicitly geared to general multimedia production. Ubuntu Studio also includes custom artwork and a blue-on-black theme, as opposed to Ubuntu's default brown and orange.
Ubuntu Studio is a multimedia version of Ubuntu and is aimed at the GNU/Linux audio, video and graphic enthusiast as well as professionals. Some of the applications included are listed below:
- alsa-tools-gui (echomixer, eny24 control, HDSPcontrol, DPSPmixer, RME digicontrol)
- Ardour - a hard disk recorder and digital audio workstation application
- Audacity - a digital audio editor application
- BEAST - music composition and modular synthesis application
- Creox - A real-time guitar effects program (works with JACK).
- GNE Denemo
- Hydrogen - an advanced drum machine
- JACK Audio Connection Kit - a sound server daemon that provides low latency connections between applications for both audio and MIDI data
- JAMin - the JACK Audio Connection Kit Audio Mastering interface
- LilyPond - a program for engraving sheet music
- Mixxx - a digital DJ-style mixing program
- MusE - a MIDI/Audio sequencer using JACK and ALSA
- Pure Data - a programming environment for multimedia (Works with Jack)
- Rosegarden - a digital audio workstation program
- Tapiir - a software multitap delay with realtime audio I/O. (works with JACK).
- Timemachine -Records the last 30 seconds of sound to the hard drive, so a 'one off' sound can be captured (Works with JACK).
- TiMidity++ - a software synthesizer that is able to convert from MIDI to various formats
- Virtual Midi Keyboard (vkeybd)
- Xwax - a vinyl record emulator.
- ZynAddSubFX - a complex yet easy to use subtractive, additive, FM synthesizer with DSP effects, and exceptional software synthesizer (Works with JACK).
- PiTiVi - a video editing program
- Kino - a non-linear digital video editor
- Stopmotion - a stop-motion animation movie creator
- VLC media player - a free software media player
- Agave - a color scheme generator
- Blender - a 3D animation program
- Enblend - an image compositing program
- FontForge - a typeface (font) editor program
- GIMP - a raster graphics editor
- Hugin Patch Processor
- Hugin Panorama Creator
- Inkscape - a vector graphics editor
- Scribus - a desktop publishing application
- Synfig - a 2D vector graphics and timeline-based animation program
Number of disks : 1 (USB)
Version: 20.04 Studio Edition *32-Bit)
Release date: 24/04/2020